One fellow foodie blogger– Samantha– has been following this blog and nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” Award.
I assume she’s filipina because she understands tagalog and knew what Silver Swan soy sauce was! Check out her blog foodflavorfascination. Thanks for nominating me, Samantha! (I’m making another leche flan for Kurt today).
When I told Kurt about the award, I mentioned that I could find absolutely no background history via Google and that there were rules:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 or more blogs and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
I remarked “I think it’s like a chain letter for blogs.” He just laughed. No matter, it’s a good way to spread the news about blogs you’ve read and like. I once mentioned on FB that one of the neat things about blogging is that fellow bloggers (at least the ones who use WordPress) comment on your blog and you can link back to look at theirs. So this is an ideal time to nominate the ones I’ve especially enjoyed and had never seen before (I think some have been around a while). Here they are– take a peek!
domestic diva, M.D. – “my mother raised the perfect housewife…then I went to med school”
TurtleandRobot – Children’s Book Reviews by an industry insider
Homemade With Mess – “who wants life to be tidy when you can have more fun making a mess?”
Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast – one family’s venture to turn James Madison’s birthplace in Virginia into a historical bed and breakfast
Kimchimari – “aka Korean Food at Home – Traditional but simple (mostly) recipes”
Bucket List Publications – “Indulge – Travel, Adventure & New Experiences”
Once A Month 4 Ladies – “a 24/7 online ladies night”
Seven things about Me:
- I’m a total Ivy League geek with my B.A. in Biology and English from Penn and my MPH from Harvard.
- I learned to play an instrument from every orchestra section: percussion (piano), woodwinds (clarinet), brass (trombone) and strings (violin). I totally rocked the piano and clarinet…and quit violin after a year when I still couldn’t manage bowing with one hand and moving my other hand up and down the fingerboard.
- In true Filipino tradition, my parents named both me and my sister Maria. Thank God I was the older one. My sister, Maria Christina, goes by Tina– except at work, which causes a problem if I happen to be visiting her.
- I refuse to drive if I’m in the car with my husband Kurt. Period.
- My mother is a retired physician who initially trained in the field of oncology at both Johns-Hopkins and Harvard in the late 50s and early 60s when there were few women MD’s, even fewer who were what they then called “Foreign” (now the more PC “International”) Medical Graduates– and folks wonder why I’m a Tiger Mom.
- My sister and I went to a French school when we were little and speak fluently. Some people assume we’re Vietnamese (REALLY?) when they hear us chatting to each other.
- One of my near-term goals is to get back into shape so I can start riding horses again with my son Ken.
2 responses to “After 2 Months of Blogging, a Very Nice Fellow Blogger Nominated Me for the “One Lovely Blog” Award”
Hi Maria!! Thanks so much for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award – I’m so honored!! And after reading the 7 things about you, I was so surprised to learn that we have something very much in common! My daughter and I also enjoy riding horses and I just recently started riding again. My body is not what it used to be but I enjoy it nonetheless.
Your my #1 source for Korean food recipes when my friend Grace is at a loss or says “that’s too hard to make.” Yes, I can’t wait to be able to ride– my goal for 2013!